Run newsyslog manually

Home Forums Asset Management Run newsyslog manually

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ddfoifvaqx
    Participant

RUN NEWSYSLOG MANUALLY >> DOWNLOAD NOW

RUN NEWSYSLOG MANUALLY >> READ ONLINE

Note: Before Solaris 9 there was FreeBSD-style tool newsyslog located at /usr/lib/ and Perl script rotatelog written by Shaun Rowland. It meant to be run from cron, with a configuration file and documentation available. For Solaris 8 and earlier you can download the tar.gz file and untar it.
    I’m going to make a bash script that is executed at boot and runs periodically. I want it user-configurable, so that a user can add a cron job 0 * * * * my_script by running my_script add 0 * * * *, list jobs by my_script list, and remove by my_script remove job_number where the job number is listed in the output of my_script list command.
    I could have hacked newsyslog’s main config file /etc/newsyslog.conf, which would kept all configuration in one place for convenience. However this can lead to trouble when updating the system (because any new version would have to be manually merged with the edited old version), and keeping updating simple is generally a good idea.
    This article describes how to upgrade software on standalone NetScaler appliances. If you want to upgrade software on NetScaler appliances in high availability setup then refer to CTX127455.. Review CTX126793 – Best Practices for Upgrading NetScaler or NetScaler Gateway Appliances before upgrading the NetScaler appliances. DESCRIPTION sudo allows a permitted user to execute a command as the superuser or another user, as specified by the security policy. The invoking user’s real (not effective) user ID is used to determine the user name with which to query the security policy.sudo supports a plugin architecture for security policies and input/output logging.
    In the default system configuration, newsyslog is run by cron(8), but it may also be run manually. If one or more log files are specified on the command line, only the specified files are rotated. Note that each log specified must have an entry in /etc/newsyslog.conf. A log can be archived because of two reasons: The log file can have grown
    SYNOPSI

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.